Hedge Kids is a children’s area for events. We provide both a sheltered and outdoor play space for children of all ages. We play games, make music with our Junk Band, do story telling, singing, face painting, arts, crafts and performance. From fetes and fairs to music festivals, we can build a Hedge Kids children’s area pretty much anywhere!
Hedge Kids creates a unique play space where we foster a child/family centered approach, through play. We create a sandpit, which is always popular with the younger children. We also have plenty of toys, books and craft supplies for children who prefer to play and explore at their own pace.
Hedge Kids activities and Hedge-U-cation education
In and around the Hedge Kids area, we run various craft activities, creative play and Hedge-U-cation education sessions. These can include, but aren’t limited to:
- Circus skills, including tightrope, trapeze and hoop
- Funky Junksters – Making items from recycled and natural materials
- You can Fly Theatre – Performance, costume design and set design
- Freestyle carpentry – Learning to use hand tools
- Bamboo Flutes – Make and play your own bamboo flute
- Trashion Fashion – Making clothes and jewellery from recycled materials
- Copper smithing – Jewellery making
- Forest school – Bush craft, wild food foraging and hedgerow skills
- Eco-school: plants, bugs and minibeasts
- The Red Tent – Bubble-making, stories, hot chocolate and fire spinning
“Children set their own challenges, assess their own risks, take their own responsibility, have their own adventures, and learn from them. And what they learn can’t be taught. You should see them.”
Babies and Toddlers
We create a special area for babies and toddlers. This includes sensory play, soft play and age-appropriate toys and books for the littlest Hedge Kids.
Hedge Youth is a space for older kids and teens. We set up a marquee area for young people to meet, hang out and make their own. We can run workshops and educational courses designed to appeal to this age group, from circus skills and metal work to graffiti art, DJ skills workshops and open mic events.
All workshop facilitators, staff and volunteers working with Hedge Kids and Hedge Youth have completed first aid training, and hold current enhanced DBS certificates. We have a core safeguarding team, including Designated Safeguarding Officers.
For a quote, or for any information about Hedge Kids, please send us a message using the form below.