The Hedge Youth Hoodwinked area is an space where young people can meet, relax, take part in activities and be themselves.
Hedge Youth activities
We’ll have workshops and activities running throughout the week in and around the Hedge Youth area, including:
- Graffiti art: decorate vinyl records, make decor and upcycle clothing with stencils and spray cans
- Comic workshops: Make a minizine! Comic making for all ages with award-winning cartoonist Kate Evans
- DJ skills and performance – practice mixing, scratching and get on the mic!
- Parkour workshops
- Leather work
- Making dream catchers
- First Aid: Learn essential First Aid techniques
- Science: Make sound transmitters and more
- Fun French and Spanish
Hedge Youth: Entertain us!
All the Hedge Kids and Hedge Youth are invited to come and practise fire spinning with Lara each evening, at the Red Tent. You’ll be able to try out fire staffs and fire poi, create Fire Shows and at the end of the week, come and be a part of our very special Fire Show and Fire Ceremony on Friday evening.
Friday Night is Cabaret Night, and everyone is welcome to perform in the Hedge Has Got Talent Show!
At the weekend, the Hoodwinked tent will become the Hoodwinked Woodland DJ Stage, giving young performers a showcase, alongside the Hedge DJs.
All workshop facilitators, staff and volunteers working with Hedge Kids and Hedge Youth have completed first aid training and hold current enhanced DBS certificates. We have a core safeguarding team, including Designated Safeguarding Officers.