Hedge Kids children’s area is in the centre of the Family Camp. We provide both sheltered areas and outdoor play equipment. We play games, make music with our Junk Band, do story telling, singing, face painting, arts, crafts and performance. We also have plenty of toys, books and craft supplies for children who prefer to play and explore at their own pace.
Things to do
Here are just some of the activities taking place in the Hedge Kids Children’s Area:
- You can Fly Theatre: performance building, costume design and set design throughout the week, preparing for the Friday Cabaret afternoon and evening performances.
- Freestyle carpentry: Come along and learn to use hand tools and make what inspires you.
- Funky Junksters: Get creative with recycled bits and bobs
- Junk Band: Make instruments and have a jam!
- Bamboo flutes: Make your own Bamboo Flute
- Trashion Fashion: Making costumes from recyled materials through the week leading to a fashion show on Friday
- Dress up and make up tent: Get creative on your costume for the weekend
- Singing: Group singing workshops
- Circus skills, including tightrope, trapeze and hoop
- Making dream catchers from the hedgerow
- Bubbles: Make bubbles with bubble ropes – create giant bubbles!
- The Red Tent: Stories from our elders, hot chocolate, meditation and fire-spinning
- The TravellerSpace are back with their amazing play area for our younger family to get playing and messy
In addition to the activities in the Hedge Kids children’s area, we have:
- Forest School: Getting busy in the woods
- Eco-school: Plant and bug knowledge and more
Children set their own challenges, assess their own risks, take their own responsibility, have their own adventures, and learn from them. And what they learn can’t be taught. You should see them.
Babies and Toddlers
We create a special area for babies and toddlers. This includes sensory play, soft play and age-appropriate books, toys and crafts for the littlest Hedge Kids.
All workshop facilitators, staff and volunteers working with Hedge Kids and Hedge Youth have completed first aid training and hold current enhanced DBS certificates. We have a core safeguarding team, including Designated Safeguarding Officers.